LATEST NEWS: Cleaning Silicone Cups
Quick and easy approach
- Make sure you are disinfecting, not just cleaning. A disinfectant has a D.I.N. number (Drug Identification Number) on the label, which is regulated by Health Canada. Prepare yourself for Health Saftey Inspections that may be conducted in your area.
- Be careful of harmful substances that could cause you or your clients to react negatively.
- Use effective quick disinfectants. You don’t want your cup cleaning to interfere with your massage practice.
- Alcohol-based cleaners and Lysol wipes. They can dry out silicone cups; decreasing their longevity, leading to cracks.
- Washing cups in the dishwasher. This could cause the silicone to dry out and break over time.
- Baby wipes do not provide adequate sanitation.
- Wet wipes also transfer lint onto cups.
- Diluted mouthwash is not recommended as the percentage of alcohol to disinfect must be 60% or higher.
- Home-made sanitation products as their effectiveness to disinfect have not been proven or approved by Health Canada. (Example: To kill bacteria, the product has to have the ability to cross the bacteria’s cell membrane.)
- Wash cups with hot water and dish soap. Let air dry or use a new, clean cloth to wipe dry.
- Make sure your cleaning clothes are clean and dry.
- Don’t use sponges. They are often damp, providing a breeding ground for bacteria. (Potentially carry more bacteria than a toilet seat)
- Does your cleaner have a DIN#? For proper sanitation and disinfection, be sure your cleaner has a DIN# labeled on your product and is not alcohol based.
- Product recommendation.
- Seminars for Health uses Decon 30 to clean their cups, tables and surfaces.
- It is a disinfectant, Heath Canada D.I.N. 02415046
- Kills over 99.99% of bacteria in 30 seconds. (Most disinfectants require 10 minutes of contact time)
- No harmful vapors.
- No rinsing or wiping required. (Even though wiping is nice to remove excess oil residue)
Seminars for Health is not affiliated with Benefect Decon 30. Distributors of Benefect Decon 30 can be found on their website, by clicking HERE.
Learn to incorporate Silicone Cups seamlessly into your professional massage. Click HERE to learn about our popular Dynamic Cupping and Massage course.
Categorised in: DC
This post was written by Nyomi Hauta